Wednesday 29 April 2015

Greetings from Un Weekend Diferit

Not so long time ago Întorsura Buzăului people could see on the street a nice colourful poster which invited them to two nice colourful events: Seara de Jocuri and Hiking Trip.

We Inside Ride group had spent a wonderful full-of-nice-people-and-tasty-food days in Bușteni where we re-gained our lost motivation in the mid-term training. So, we felt full of energy for these two nice events in the weekend... well... actually it’s not really truth. I felt tired and a bit ‘off the trail’ on Friday because some days are just not ‘my days’ and bringing big bag with heavy games from Brasov to Întorsura is not really a pleasant activity. But I’m a tough Latvian who doesn’t avoid responsibilities!

In the end, I feel, we spent one quite awesome evening at Montana bar (called also La Chinezu).  I don’t think we had ever had so many guests in board games evenings in Brasov. And everyone who came really played something! Some people really came for playing something, some came more for socializing, and
others maybe wanted just to hang out with us, volunteers. Depending on what people came for it was harder or easier to teach them a game, so it was quite a tiring experience. Nevertheless, I enjoyed. It was also pretty nice that we could just stay after the games evening and have one (or two) beer to relax a bit.

 I have to admit that after that beer (or two) and quite heavy Romanian breakfast I didn’t feel really energized next morning as well, but then I soon gained some joy when I saw all these people gathering in front of Mircea Eliade high school. They came and came, and came... and in the end we were 21 altogether. I didn’t expect this! There were people from the high schools, from Casa Familiala, from other project groups of Mirakolix and our new-gained friends from different countries.

Getting to the ‘hiking route’ (in Floraia Mare) really took some time, ‘cause some people needed to stop by the shop to grab some Ciucaș beer on the way, then we also had stop by Mălina’s place (she’s one of the cool youngsters who suggested the route and offered her garden for a campfire) to leave the food there and do some introduction game.

This is where I found out that Mălina’s dog is named Maya... almost like me. This fact made me laugh a bit. Afterwards I found out that the dog is named after one of the dogs from the movie Eight Below (or Minus 25 C). I’ve seen this movie. I cried when I watched it.

So.... right when I had lost any hope to really get somewhere (yeah, yeah, I’m exaggerating) we actually started to move. Uphill. Uphill. Uphill where was lot of sun and only few trees to hide under. This is when I understood that I had in my mind a different vision of how the hiking would look. I thought we would mostly be in a forest in the shadow of trees, so I hadn’t really thought about buying sunscreen.
After this crazy hiking, running, knot-untying, campfire day one could enjoy a quite funny view: everybody looks normal except for these five people (me, Grytine, Daniel and our friends Chris and Joseph) who are completely red and burned, and look like lobsters because they lack some melanin in their skin. 

Nevertheless, it was 7 hours of good time. And we’ll do it again!


Maija

No comments:

Post a Comment